Baby Makin on hold...
Why is baby making on hold you might ask...because I found out that I have diabetes. Yep, it sucks. I go to an internal medicine doc on Tuesday to find out more of what to do and how to treat it. I admit, I am bummed.
So, for now, I have to try to get this under control before we go any further toward me getting pregnant. But, I am glad that I found out now instead going into a diabetic coma one day or worse and not knowing why. So, at least I know and it can be treated.
Anyone have any advice they want to share? I'd be glad to hear it. I am going to try to start eating better (less carbs and more portion control) and exercising. I have a swimming pool right outside my door, so why waste it. Also going to try to start walking again, I've been slack with that. So that is my new news.
Although the good news is that I am not going thru pre menopause and my ovaries looked fine (other than the PCOS) and my uterus is only 5 mm thick. TMI? lol Anyway, my lab work was wacky, but I will get better!!!

3 Comments:
No advice other than what you already said. You'll get your system in sync, and babies will come. :)
I don't have any advice that you don't already know. Glad you found out now so that you have a chance to treat it. Hopefully baby making will be back on the agenda real soon.
I had diabetes when I was pregnant with my son. I was on a special diet, had to check my blood sugar, and take insulin. I have papers they gave me telling me what to eat and how much of it to eat a day. If you want it, I can scan it and send it to you. Just let me know. BTW... I'm a friend of Melissa's (Frog Legs) which is how I found your site. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home